We support sustainable ideas.
The 21st century is a time of great challenges. Climate change and limited natural resources have become an integral part of everyday life. A fast growing industry with many young technology companies has developed around these challenges.
These challenges lead to a massive paradigm shift of entire industries and regions. This paradigm shift has already produced a huge growth over the past few years.
On average, the global Cleantech market has grown by almost 12% per year since 2007. Worldwide, it now has reached a volume of more than € 2,000 billion. The German Cleantech market presently accounts for € 300 billion. Over the next 10 years, the volume is expected to increase to more than € 670 billion.
At eCAPITAL, we see technology as the key tool to meet these challenges.
We invest into entrepreneurs who share our opinion and develop innovations. Innovations with which:
- The consumption of (increasingly expensive) raw materials can be made more efficient.
- The emission of greenhouse gases that contribute to global warming can be reduced.
- The infrastructure, which is already very strained, can be improved or operated more efficiently.
- The use of renewable energy sources can be enabled.
- Scarce, valuable resources can be recovered.
In addition to their technical effectiveness, these innovations must offer a foreseeable commercial advantage over existing solutions. This is the only way to ensure marketability as well as value enhancement and the development of lucrative market potentials.