HW Verification Engineer (m/f)
videantis GmbH, headquartered in Hannover, Germany, is a one-stop deep learning, computer vision and video coding IP and solution provider delivering solutions for many markets, including mobile, consumer, self-driving cars and automotive ADAS. Based on a unified processor platform approach that is licensed to chip manufacturers, videantis provides tailored solutions to meet the specific needs of their customers. With core competencies of deep video application expert know-how and strong SoC design and system architecture expertise, videantis passionately serves a worldwide customer basis with a diverse range of target applications, such as advanced driver assistance systems, mobile phones, gesture interfacing, computational photography, in-car infotainment, and over-the-top TV. videantis has been recognized with the Red Herring Award and three Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards for being recognized as one of the 50 fastest growing technology companies in Germany.
The videantis team offers an open-minded environment for individuals who are determined to look beyond today’s challenges to come up with solutions for tomorrow. Our team comprises experts in their respective field who strive for superior overall solutions, always considering the broader picture. We especially seek self-driven individuals with a desire to deliver high-quality results. A competitive compensation package rewarding special qualifications and superior achievements is part of this philosophy.
HW Verification Engineer (m/f)
You will perform pre-silicon RTL verification of components of the videantis programmable multicore processor architecture, including HDL simulation and FPGA prototyping. In this scope, you will develop test plans and write testbenches and regression tests achieving sign-off coverage. You will run HDL simulations, primarily using Mentor Modelsim/Questa, and will debug issues across hardware and software. All verification results will be thoroughly documented for sign-off of production-ready deliverables. A further verification path will be FPGA prototyping of complete multicore processor system configurations to verify functional correctness of vision and video processing with near-realtime throughput. For this, you will set up and maintain an FPGA prototyping flow and perform the mapping, bring-up, and debugging of the targeted processor system configurations and related software applications.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Develop test plans
- Write testbenches and regression tests
- Perform HDL simulation of components of programmable multicore processor architectures
- Setup and maintain an FPGA toolflow
- Perform FPGA mapping and prototyping of programmable multicore processor systems
- Debug issues across hardware and software
- Sign-off verification of production deliverables
- Sign-off documentation of verification results
The position is located in Hannover.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- MS or BS degree in Engineering or Science
- Minimum 5 years, preferred 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Proficiency in Linux/Unix and scripting languages
- Thorough work attitude and attention to detail while meeting strict deadlines
- Good English language skills (written and verbal)
- Proficiency in VHDL and Verilog
- Experience in developing test plans and writing testbenches
- Familiarity with Mentor Modelsim/Questa and/or other HDL simulation tools
- Proficiency in FPGA prototyping using Xilinx and/or Intel/Altera toolflows
- Good knowledge of programmable processor architecture
“Computer vision is the biggest, most disruptive, application segment in technology today,” said Dr. Jon Peddie, president of Jon Peddie Research. This is your chance to work in a small company where you can make an impact, on a technology that will change consumer electronics. Join us and you will become part of a world-class team that knows how to build industry-leading solutions. Your code will make it into high-volume applications such as automotive cameras, AR/VR wearables, mobile phones, tablets, and self-driving cars.
We encourage hardware engineers that are excellent designers and who enjoy building efficient hardware that works to apply even if they may not fit the exact above profile.
Submit your resume electronically at jobs(at)videantis.com