Director OX as a Service Europe (OXaaS) gesucht!
Director OX as a Service Europe (OXaaS) gesucht!
With some 250+ employees Open-Xchange develops a Open-Source-Software addressing communication, collaboration and office-productivity worldwide. Sales are made through Internet service providers, hosting, telecommunication and cable providers, which offer their customers the Open-Xchange solution as SaaS (Software as a Service). More than 200 million users adopted Open-Xchange software for their private and business communications via partners such as 1 & 1, STRATO, Host Europe, NetCologne, network solutions / web.com and Rackspace.
The core offer is named OX App Suite with applications for processing e-mails, contacts and appointments, which can be extended by functions like: OX Drive for managing and synchronizing documents, images, photos and movies; OX Documents for text processing, spreadsheets and presentations and OX Guard for encrypting emails and files. Software from Dovecot and PowerDNS are complementing Open-Xchange's portfolio.
We want to constantly advance and are looking for people who have fun working with the latest technologies in an international team. There are locations in Hamburg, Bremen, Dortmund, Cologne, Olpe and Nuremberg as well as Finland, France, the Netherlands, Italy and Spain. International offices are in Tokyo, Sydney and Palo Alto which represents the distributed team in the USA.
Your passion / Your job
In this position, you will be responsible for the OXaaS infrastructure including all operational aspects covering both platforms in the EU and for all 3rd party deliverables. OXaaS is a turnkey solution providing a highly scalable, fully managed and hosted delivery platform for OX App Suite.
You will ensure that the service is up to date and meets the functional and technical expectations of our carrier grade customers and provide the right level of operational functionality as well as documentation. You will be responsible for the management of the operations team which reports to you and you will present the service to our key customers on the technical management level.
- Lead operations of a very large scaling Email and productivity Infrastructure with superior performance in a 24x7 service infrastructure delivery model.
- Guide and provide work direction to a team of employees, project staff, and IT infrastructure subject matter experts.
- Ensure all processes are in place and documented and whenever possible supported by tools to allow professional, reliable and transparent operations of the platform and interaction with the customers
- Ensure daily system monitoring, verify integrity and availability of all IT Infrastructure hardware, resources, systems and key processes, and review system and application logs
- Ensure Maintenance and up-to-date system and infrastructure services documentation and inventories of the platform.
- Ensure availability and optimal performance of services through continuous assessment of IT infrastructure operations.
- Ensure the security requirements of the customers and the requirements for our security certifications (currently ISO 27001, in the future maybe also SSAE-16) are met and documented correctly, supporting audits and customer evaluations
- Contribute to and maintain system standards including Change Management.
- Research and recommend possible automated approaches for administration tasks.
What you bring to the table
- At least a Master degree in business, computer science, electrical engineering or similar technical field, or equivalent technical experience
- Experienced leader with 5 plus years in IT Leadership managing dynamic and diverse teams
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Broad technical knowledge, history of running similar hosted email services
- Experience with hosting mission critical systems and the associated business and technical requirements
- Strong ownership skills with an attitude for tangible results
- Team player and ability to communicate well amongst peers, especially across teams and countries
- Excellent written and verbal business communication (business requirements, statements of work, proposals, workshop facilitation)
- Strong customer service skills.
- Goal-oriented working style and high self-motivation
- Open minded personality which can bring new ideas to the table and execute them if appropriate and in line with the Open-Xchange strategy
What do we offer
- A space for your own ideas
- Exciting tasks in an international & diverse team
- Home Office and the possibility to work in any office of our OX world
- The most current and jazzy equipment
- Continuous personal development
- Flat hierarchies with an "open door" policy
- Personal growth in a dynamic environment
If you are interested, please contact Jochen F. Schude for further information - or send us your paperless application with a cover letter including the job ID, tabular CV, certificates, salary request and the earliest possible date of entry by e-mail to recruiting at open-xchange.com. Or apply right now.